YHC Doesn’t make is a practice of Q’ing boot camps. That is not news, just a fact. Being a General is not my thing, I am a much better Sargent. With that said, the second week of November is always a special time. First my original birthday (11/10/64). Second my cancer free birthday (11/14/2013). This year was special because 2018 marked FIVE YEARS CANCER FREE.
As I look back and reminisce, F3 Columbia (that’s what we were then) was the first workout I was allowed to do after recouping from my surgery. Bulldog (Rob Graham as I knew him then) invited me to Ballentine. I had a legitimate excuse not to drive 30-45 minutes for a 5:00 am workout…Dr’s orders not to exercise. I told him if it ever comes to Lexington, we’ll talk. Well the rest is history.
I don’t really wish for much, but when I think of all of have received since becoming THUMBS UP (Thanks Ginger), I wish I had you brothers in my life before my cancer diagnosis. I wish the 10 days I spent at home, on lock down alone, would have been spent with brother after brother visiting me. I wish my wife and children would have had each of you supporting them while I was down. I think how much better shape I would have been in going into the surgery and how much faster my recovery would have been.
You men have helped make be a better man, husband, father. For that I can never repay you. I can only attempt to be a good brother to OG Pax and new Pax alike. I hope that I live long enough to be like”Ike”. Of all that you men have given me, you my F3 brothers, gave me a conduit to build an amazing relationship with my father-in-law. After 25 plus years Ike was in my life, in less than 3 years, he became my friend, not just my wife’s dad. At the time of his death, you men packed the church of an 87 year old man. My M’s extended family were amazed to see the faces of so many men, young and not so young men, who made an old man feel important. You men made Ike matter!
So thanks for the gifts you have given me, my M and my family.
An now for something completely different:
THE THANG: TARANTINO MOVIE NIGHT
- TTT x 10
- Windmills x 10
- SSH x 30
Count off by 3
- Round 1:
- 1 pax – Mountain Climbers, 1 – pax Merkins, 1 pax runs the drop off loop for two songs
- Round 2:
- 1 pax – Freddie Mercury, 1 – pax Shoulder Taps, 1 pax runs the drop off loop for two songs
- Round 3:
- 1 pax – LBC, 1 – pax Carolina Dry Docks, 1 pax runs the drop off loop for two songs
- Round 4:
- 1 pax – Flutter Kicks, 1 – pax Plank Jacks, 1 pax runs the drop off loop for two songs
- Round 5:
- 1 pax – Monkey Humpers, 1 – pax Merkins, 1 pax runs the drop off loop for two songs
- Round 6:
- 1 pax – Squats, 1 – pax Carolina Dry Docks, 1 pax runs the drop off loop for two songs
- Round 7:
- 1 pax – Jump Squats, 1 – pax Plank Jacks, 1 pax runs the drop off loop for two songs
MARY: Dealers Choice
- American Hammer
- Flutter Kicks
- and some other stuff
RUN, RUN, CHRISTMAS PARTY, Man other Year Stuff…
Be Thankful, and THANK GOOD for the good in your life…
Humbly submitted, YHC