11 Pax weren’t scared to come out and run some hills this morning. YHC has started training for the BRR in September. So, with that being said, a route with hills was selected. By the way, YHC hates running hills so this is truly a CSAUP event for me. The Crusade pax know you can’t run a route from PLC that doesn’t include hills so they didn’t complain. All embraced the suck and had fun doing it – I think.
Conditions: 67 and humid
Disclaimer, count off, go over route.
Make a left out of the church and head down N. Lake Drive. Make a left onto Old Cherokee. Run up that “small” hill. Make a left into Benton Creek neighborhood (Plantation Drive). Make a right onto Appalachian Trail. Take second right back onto Plantation Drive and head back out to Old Cherokee. Run back down hill and make right onto N. Lake Drive. Head back to church.
That was the planned route. We had a few take the wrong turn off of Plantation Drive onto Hammock Drive, which is a dead end. We had 4 run the loop in Benton Creek and then down Hammock for extra mileage (Thanks Spackle). Either way, we all ran for 45 minutes.
Hills never get easier, you get stronger. Great effort by all this morning. Quest put in some OT this morning and ran over 8 miles. Way to go. If your interested, Quest will be putting out a Tweet for a July squat challenge. 10,000 squats in July. Sounds terrible, however, when he did it last time he knocked 1-2 minutes off his pace. That’s impressive.
- First Friday Fathers will commence June 6 and will be held every first Friday of the month during the Summer.
- The Crucible, June 27th – View Preblast.
- GRC and GRL, July 10th and 11th.
- 8/1 – Sweet Baby O 5K
- Stomp The Swamp 5k @ River Bluff High School on August 29th. There will be a special “Double Down” medal to anyone completing a F3 Workout and the 5k. A code to enter when you sign up online. More details coming soon.
- Blue Ridge Relay, September 11-12
- Lexington 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon in November 2015.
- Ron Alexander, passed away this week while vacationing in FL.
- Swanson’s father.
- Continued prayers for Walker.