With school right around the corner, I figured I’d recycle a workout I did this time last year at CAT. I added a twist to mix it up a bit. We had 7 PAX total, with 1 for RL beforehand.
Weather: warm and muggy
1 minute warning, intro, disclaimer, prayer
Mosey to the pole vault area for the warmup consisting of…
- 15x SSHs IC
- 15x Hillbillies IC
- 15x Mtn Climbers IC
- 15x Flutterkicks IC
Mosey to the block pile, grab one with handles, and carry it to the practice field end zone. There we had a large tire waiting for us – not to flip but to be our “wall” for the workout. Also waiting for us was a set of rings hanging from the goal post, a radio, and some “bookmarks”. Music for the workout was provide by FM – 98.5.
We would take turns grabbing 2 bookmarks from the stack. Each bookmark had an exercise with a certain quantity of reps to be performed OYO. While the other PAX did the two sets of exercises, the PAX that picked the bookmarks would instead go to the rings, lay on his back, put his heals on a block, and do inverted bodyweight rows. When everyone was done, the next PAX would pick the bookmarks, etc.
The bookmarks/exercises consisted of:
BLOCK – 10 THRUSTERS
BLOCK – 30 CFTGs
BLOCK – 40 BORs
BLOCK – 40 SHRUGS
BLOCK – 20 TRICEP EXTs
WALL – 10 DECLINE MERKINS
WALL – 20 INCLINE MERKINS
WALL – 30 DIPS
WALL – 40 STEP UPS (20 ea leg)
BODY – 10 HAND RELEASE BURPEES
BODY – 40 LBCs
BODY – 40 AMERICAN HAMMER (20 ea side)
BODY – 10 MORNING WOOD
BODY – 20 JUMP SQUATS
When we made a full round, we did an active recovery of walking 50 yards, running 50, turning around, running 50, walking 50. This brought us back to start Round 2. We completed 2 rounds, 28 exercises, 2 active recoveries. Returned blocks and tire, and returned to the shovel flag for the Announcements, Prayer, Pledge of Allegiance.
- Tonight @ 7:00 – Thirsty Thursday at Casual Pint
- Fridays @ 5:00 – Wander meets at LHS for a Ruck Workout.
- F3 Dads Camp This Weekend – tickets available.
- Gut Punch Saturday at Hollow this weekend
- Need mentors. Only takes 30 min of your week. Ask Ken Doll for details
- IronPax Challenge. Details and registration: https://f3greenwood.com/2019/07/27/iron-pax-2019/
- 8/20/19 @ 4:45 – next Tuesday – Honey Boo Boo has the Q – this is the first day of school so plan to meet early at the stairs for a special prayer to kick the school year right
- 8/24/19: Stomp the Swamp. Inquire about a discount code. https://strictlyrunning.com/images/19_StompTheSwamp.pdf
- 8/24/19: Jailbreak Escape
- 9/6-7/19: Blue Ridge Relay
- 3/27-28/19: Palmetto 200
- 2/15/20 – Dam2Dam – https://strictlyrunning.com/ – registration now open
- Teachers, students, faculty, staff, parents
- Injured and missing PAX