It was a nice morning at Stride with the recent cold front pushing through. But one thing is certain in SC, the weather will change – and change fast. Reminds me of a meme I saw before the run today that said something like, “the weather in SC just dropped from 90 to 55 like it saw a State Trooper on the side of the road”.
Good to see Eggo post at Stride. He made his way across the dam and will likely post more since he moved over this way. And good to see an FNG… Brandon (Keith) Cockrell, from Saluda, fishing, volleyball, 28 years old >>> Kerri? (olympic beach volleyball) couldn’t remember her name though, Crack Rocks?, Knitting?, Quilt?, Zebco? >>> we went with Zebco because FNG said that was a Wal-Mart brand.
Lastly, I was glad to make it back out to Stride. It’s been a while!
1 minute warning, route review, headcount (9), prayer
- Left/North on N Lake Dr
- Left onto Columbia Ave
- Left onto Thompson St (at LMC)
- Left onto Hendrix St
- Right onto S. Church St
- Right onto Roberts St
- Left onto Gibson Rd
- Left onto S Lake Dr
- Left onto Roberts St
- Right onto S Church St
- Right onto Maiden Ln
T-claps to BooBoo who had done 11 miles before, 6 during, and 1 after Stride. Well he says he did all that, but we’re waiting to see it on Strava!!! BTW – he is looking for a new watch if anyone has one for sale.
- We need mentors. 30 minutes per week is all it takes. See Ken Doll
- 9/21: 9/11 Challenge hosted by Smokehouse
- 9/21: Lake Murray Dam 5K
- 11/16: John Flanagan Memorial 10k. https://lexingtonhalf.com/pages/race-10k.php
- 2/15/20: Dam to Dam Relay. Register here: www.damtodamrelay.com
- 3/27-3/28: Palmetto 200
- Prayer request for Sun Drop who’s going through some rough times.