These wet Friday mornings are starting to get old, but it will take a lot more than that to hold down the committed PAX of F3 Stride. Elvis made an appearance, YHC nearly got lost on his own route, and YHC was also dreaming about food for the last mile… cutting carbs sucks.
Conditions: 57 degrees, light to moderate to heavy rainfall
L on Lake
L on 378
L on Chariot (Duffie)
R on Hendrix
L on Barr
L on Satcher
L on Pondview Ln (for 6.0mi), R on Pondview Ln, complete the loop for XL / hill
L on Gibson
R on Hendrix @ 4-way stop
R on 3rd Ave (last right turn before Church
L on Elm
L on Church
R on Maiden
Mileage: 6.0, w/ loop, roughly 6.4 ~200ft elevation
COT & BOM
The PAX got shortchanged on their devotion this morning due to rain and YHC’s lack of preparation. I’ll do better next time.
Better late than never:
“My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.” – Psalm 5:3
When we start and end a workout with prayer, we are talking to our Creator. We aren’t there to impress the other PAX with our prayer-vocabulary, or skillful use of grammar. We’re appealing to the Lord to hear our requests, and hear them He does!
David wrote this Psalm, probably surround by enemies during Saul’s reign as king. Even then, David was not deterred from seeking God. Despite David’s shortcomings, which are well chronicled throughout the Old Testament, he still sought God on a daily basis. He didn’t approach the Lord with pride or entitlement, he approached our God with the knowledge that he deserved judgement, yet God is merciful, and patient.
Don’t let your mistakes or sins keep you from hitting your knees and crying out to the One who hears your most silent prayers. God is waiting to hear from you.
Derived from Jan. 4th devotional in ‘Daily Wisdom for Men’
– Pups’ nephew, Alex, struggling with PTSD
– Travel mercies for Cowbell, traveling to Italy
– Wells Family, specifically Joey and the children
– DamToDam Relay Feb. 16th – https://damtodamrelay.com/
– Harbison 50k still needs volunteers (race is tomorrow, Jan 5th, 2019) – Contact David Nance if you can help (@UltraRDDavid on Twitter)
– Columbia Run Hard Half / Full Marathon – March 2nd – https://www.runhardcolumbiamarathon.com/
– Palmetto 200 Relay – March 22nd-23rd