Needing to Q at Urban Legend, I checked the Q sheet and saw that July 5th was available. I didn’t know what the turnout would be since it was the day after a holiday, vacation season, and a good day for guys to take off work. We had 10 PAX total with 3 being 2.0s.
We covered about 1.5 miles this morning while paying a little workout tribute to both the American flag and US Military. I figured we’d keep the celebration of America’s independence going a little longer – plus it gave me a chance to wear my American Eagle/Flag/Colors shirt again. I also tried to throw in some Strava art to represent the stars and stripes of our nation’s flag.
Weather was muggy since it rained the day before. Made for a good day to sweat some BBQ and beers out.
1 minute warning, intro, no FNGs, disclaimer, prayer
We started things off at the flag of the 9/11 memorial with a couple warmups…
- 13x SSHs
- 13x IWs
- 13x TTTs
Then we mosied to the grassy area in front of the courthouse to pay tribute to the 50 stars and 13 stripes… We did 50 reps of an exercise for the stars, then “traveled” down and back 13 rounds for the stripes.
- Stripe 1 – 50x Flutter Kicks (2 count), then Run
- Stripe 2 – 50x AirSquats, then Partner Wheelbarrow
- Stripe 3 – 50x Merkins, then Backwards Run
- Stripe 4 – 50x Calf Raises, then Partner Carry
- Stripe 5 – 50x LBCs, then Karaoke
- Stripe 6 – 50x Lunges (x25 each leg), then High Knees, Butt Kicks
- Stripe 7 – 50x Hello Dolly, then Bear Crawl
- Stripe 8 – 50x Shoulder Tap (x25 each arm), then Partner Wheelbarrow
- Stripe 9 – 50x Mountain Climbers (2 count), then Backwards Run
- Stripe 10 – 50x American Hammers (2 count), then Partner Carry
- Stripe 11 – 50x E2K (25x each side), then Karaoke
- Stiipe 12 – 50x Overhead Claps, then High Knees, Butt Kicks
- Stripe 13 – 50x Hydraulics, then Run
After that we continued to the top of the parking lot to pay tribute to the 5 branches of the US Military. We did exercises at each checkpoint/branch/cone then mosied to the next completing a star per lap.
- Checkpoint 1 – US AIR FORCE
- Mission: “To fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace”
- Exercise – Bobby Hurley
- Checkpoint 2 – US ARMY
- Mission: “To deploy, fight, and win our nation’s wars by providing ready, prompt, and sustained land dominance…”
- Exercise – Wall Merkins
- Checkpoint 3 – US COAST GUARD
- Mission: “To ensure our nation’s maritime safety, security, and stewardship”
- Exercise – One Armed Bandits
- Checkpoint 4 – US MARINE CORPS
- Mission: “As America’s expeditionary force…the Marines are forward deployed to win our nation’s battles swiftly and aggressively in times of crisis…”
- Exercise – Burpees
- Checkpoint 5 – US NAVY
- Mission: “To recruit, train, equip, and organize…combat ready Naval forces to win conflicts and wars while maintaining security and deterrence…”
- Exercise – Morning Woods
- We did 3 stars:
- Star 1 – 10x reps
- Star 2 – 2x reps
- Star 3- 2x reps
Our third round took us to 45+ minutes so we mosied down to where we started, the American Flag.
Count-o-rama, nama-o-rama, announcements, prayers.
- 8/24 – Stomp the Swamp
- 8/24 – Jailbreak Escape
- BRR teams
- Blindside and his daughter’s surgery this coming Monday. Risky surgery, Prayers for healing and recovery.