21 pax gathered in the gloom of F3Graveyard to enjoy some Ultimate Frisbee. Competitive spirits were abundant today (others maybe too spirited) but all got better. At the end, we hit the reset button to focus on why we gather and what is important.
Conditions: 39 and crisp (finally January weather)
One minute warning, Time called, Prayer, (no disclaimer by YHC this morning – Cobains, fellas)
Split pax into teams (1,1,2,2 etc) 2s took jerseys today)
- Jesse’s Girl was all effort today. After a week or two of less than punctual throws, he was all hustle today. Maybe he didn’t score often but his mood was infectious (always smiling)
- Biebs & Scooter were beasts today (again). Nothing new here as these two bring their A-game Every. Day.
- Casio climbed the ladder. There was an interception by Casio today that looked as if he was jumping about 7 feet into the air to grab the Frisbee. It was magical.
- Errant throws were contagious. Back to back scoring and turnovers today were preceded by many errant throws by both teams. No one was immune to the turnover bug.
- Cheddar & Rebar’s announcement (see below)
- Cheddar and Rebar had a word or two about refocusing this Saturday group back to F3. This is not a rec league and there are no recruiters in the stands. Mean-spirited competitiveness does not belong and will not be tolerated. A Word from Cheddar on Competitiveness
- Families fighting cancer. Mandy Snow is struggling right now as she has been fighting pancreatic cancer for over a year. Keep her and her family in your prayers.
- WallSplat got engaged. Prayers for purity of heart as he and his fiance get ready for the wedding.
- Biebs baby is arriving Real SOON. And he got a great Justin Bieber toothbrush as a token gift for being Biebs. He sure was happy about that one.
BOM & prayer led by YHC