16 men emerged in the cool gloom Thursday for a standard #Thunder workout only to rub their eyes and wonder if they’d taken a wrong turn in their gloomy stupor and driven to SwampFox as Chaser emerged and planted the SwampFox flag and said those two dreaded words…”Let’s Go.”
Conditions: 60 degrees with 89% humidity. #cool
Half lap around field to Woodrow St end of the field.
SSH x 30 (4ct)
Merkins x 10 (4ct)
CLBC x 20 (4ct)
Wide Arm Merkins x 10 (4ct)
6 inches x 60sec
Diamond Merkins x 10 (4ct)
Low plank x 60sec
P1 run to midfield: 30 merkins / 30 squats / 30 merkins (all single count)
P2 while waiting: Low Plank 1st round / Flutters 2nd round / Russian Twist 3rd round
Relat and switch until each partner goes 3 times. (180 merkins, 90 squats)
Plank when done.
Mosey to Park
P1 Hop up Amphitheater stairs (4) / 10 sit-ups & 10 CDD at top / hop back down
P2 Low Plank while waiting on P1
Each man through 5 times AFAP (as fast as possible).
Flutter Kicks x 50 (4ct)
Mosey to COT
Merkins x 15 (4ct)
6 inches x 60 sec
Ball of Man led by Chaser with special prayers for Robber’s mother and family.
– Completed by the Pax: 270 total merkins, 90 squats, ~100 flutter kicks (4ct), ~10 minutes in low plank all total, 2 minutes 6 inches, 2 minutes Russian Twist.
– The first 3rdF Bible Study was Q’ed and hosted by TB at his home on Portobello on Tuesday night. It was a great experience for the 9 of those in attendance. We have enough materials for a few more members (have 10 committed so far). We will meet EVERY OTHER Tuesday night from 8-9pm. Come beef up your third, and most important, F.
– JOB POSTING: F3 Columbia needs a webmaster of sorts. T-CLAPS to Constanza for stepping up for this role.
– Mud Run is coming up on 10/12. Sway is running the wait list and more than likely there will be some guys who have to drop in the next few weeks so please let him know if you are interested. Someone was just taken off the waiting list and put on a team yesterday I believe. [email protected]
-Governor’s Cup is 11/9. Commit now and workout at Amble to get ready. Pre-Blast by Fountainhead is now up and a training plan is now in effect. Please check out the pre-blast at http://f3nation.com/2013/09/10/pre-blast-governors-cup-13-1/. Our second weekend (long) run is this weekend (8 miles) with Saturday and Sunday (maybe) runs starting at Dreher at 6:45 AM. So far, commits are:
– Standing 2ndF Opportunities:
– Lizard’s Thicket lunch (Beltline) Wednesdays at noon. Come eat good food with good guys.
– Hump Day Happy Hour meets again on Wednesday, 5:30pm, Henry’s on Devine Street. Come relax, get a brew or two and listen to Kim Jung wax poetic about, well, everything.