This Tuesday morning brought plenty of opportunities for the F3 Columbia PAX to get better and start the day off doing the hard thing. Thunder’s 5-year anniversary. Hammer’s Army physicial fitness test. Or a little field work, road trip, and park fun at Swampfox. 9 men made the decision to enter the gloom at Crayton to see what YHC had in store. Here’s what we did.
Conditions – 75 degrees, 89% humidity, not terrible all things considered
Warm up jog from COT down to the fields and head right toward the end zone opposite of Hamburger Hill. Line up on the end line under the goal post.
Field Work Warm Up
- 120 yards of non-stop bear crawl rotating forward and reverse every 20 yards. Jog back 120 yards to starting point. Several PAX seemed unhappy with this start. But it only got worse.
- 120 yards of non-stop crab walk rotating forward and reverse every 20 yards. Jog back 120 yards to starting point. Lots of grumbling. Not many seafood fans in the group apparently.
- 120 yards of non-stop lung walking rotating forward and reverse every 20 yards. Jog back 120 yards to starting point. Most seemed pleased with this call.
Mosey across field and up Hamburger Hill. Right onto Clemson Ave.
Road Trip 1st round
- Jog down Clemson and turn left onto Converse St. Stop in the intersection and do 20 iron cross for each partner.
- Jog down Converse to Furman Ave. Stop in the intersection and do 20 iron cross for each partner.
- Jog down Converse to Wofford Ave. Stop in the intersection and do 20 iron cross for each partner. Starting to get a little road rash.
- Jog down Converse into Citadel Park. Stop at the entrance and do 20 iron cross for each partner. Ab fatigue setting in.
- Jog to far end of Citadel Park. Stop and do the last 20 iron cross for each partner. That’s 100 total iron cross. Back is shredded from the road and abs are already start to feel sore tonight.
Mosey back to playground.
- Line up in front of the ring pull-up equipment. 1st PAX does 10 pull-ups while all other PAX “watch” by doing AMRAP squats. 2nd PAX then does his 10 while all others continue squats. Continue until each PAX does their 10. “Performance Pull-Ups” to try and motivate PAX to use good form and finish all the reps. Mission accomplished.
- Same thing but 8 pull-ups for each PAX while those “watching” do AMRAP big boys. Sheets was pleased.
Mosey back out of Citadel Park how we came in.
Road Trip 2nd round
- Jog up Converse to Wofford. 20 merkins.
- Jog up Converse to Furman. 20 merkins.
- Jog up Converse to Clemson. 20 merkins.
- Cross over Clemson and almost get hit by a moped with 2 dudes, a left turn signal, and no headlights. That could have been bad for us or them. Head up Clemson to the entrance of the Crayton parking lot. 20 merkins.
- Jog all the way to the far end of the parking lot. Final 20 merkins. 100 total. Got a little difficult at the end.
- Backwards jog back to COT.
- My 1st F3 post was at Swampfox in April 2014. I was EHed by Turtle. Subprime was the Q. I’m pretty sure Splinter, Sheets, and Polo were there and likely Levar and Kitty as well. Always good memories coming back here. Thanks for having me.
- Small critique for the Swampfox PAX. There was no back blast posted for the last Thursday workout. I did see some mention of hill circuits on Twitter so I stayed away from that. Furlough fulfilled his Q obligations from last Tues with a backblast. His Q involved “no running” and blocks so I left the blocks alone and did some running. Close to 2 miles total.
- Labor Day Convergence at Thunder/Hand at 7AM. Options include 5 mi race through Strictly Running along with F3 bootcamp, kettle bells, and ruck. Put it on the calendar.
- Splinter is putting together a Smokey Mountain Relay team. Race is in late April 2019. Still needs a few runners. Let him or me know if you are interested.