In perhaps a record Friday #Amble turnout, 6 pax set off on our longest run yet – 6.13 miles around both lakes of Katherine. Perhaps rejuvenated by the “arctic blast” that set in overnight, spirits were high. Once the run began reality quickly set in for those not accustomed to longer runs. Due to time constraints Kim Jung, Constanza and Robber peeled off after ~ 3 miles. Fannie, Belding, and Subprime ran the entire course in ~50:30 good for slightly over 8 minute per mile pace. It was fun to see Fannie and Belding realize they ran this course quicker than originally thought. Maintaining a consistent pace is the key to making it through a longer run. Ironically, we have been working toward this run in the 4 or so weeks of #Amble yet Robber and Subprime were the only regular attendees present. All in all it was a solid effort by all.
Conditions: 75 degrees with an astounding 73% humidity (felt like football season!)
The Thang: 6.13 mile loop around both lakes at Lake Katherine with the start and finish at KBC parking lot.
· Excellent run by Belding, Fannie, and Subprime. These three finished the entire course.
· Definitely some eyebrows raised by the notion of Chaser and Fountainhead sitting on the shore while everyone else trialed their long run. (Chaser, from the beach, reminds the pax that he and Fountainhead did 7 miles today. #raiseyourgame)
· F3 Bootcamp at Dreher tomorrow 7:00-8:00 with 2nd F at Lizard’s Thicket immediately following. Come workout, hang out, and get to know some good fellas.
· Junior Achievement 5k through Shandon on 6/21 at 7:30 PM.
· Wildlife update – we encountered another deer sighting. This morning we came across a young deer at the corner of Shady and Kilbourne litereally seconds after discussing the probabilty of a sighting.