Thirteen hardy souls entered the gloom this morning for a somewhat expected hill workout. What wasn’t expected was the hill chosen and that it was not “hill” but “hills”.
Conditions: 73 with 94% humidity
The Thang: Exactly half mile warmup from #KBC parking lot to the corner of Converse and clemzin (Clemson).
Hill repeats from Clemson to Radcliffe and back. This is exactly a half mile loop. The pax did between 5 and 6.5 loops.
So much for a cool down…we followed this by doing the .5 back to #KBC #AFAYC (as fast as you can).
Ball of Man led by Chaser.
– Welcome to F3 FNG Ryan Newton (Kitty). Tough workout to cut your F3 teeth on.
– The Pax did between 3.5 and 4.25 miles total (5 loops = 2.5 miles plus 1 mile warmup/”cooldown”, 6.5 loops = 3.25 miles)
– Shout out to Splinter for his lightning fast first two loops…until he found out we were doing loops until 6:20 and not FOR 6:20. Think about it…He looked a bit downtrodden after learning he had 20 minutes of hills left to go.
– Back to our regular F3 Columbia schedule this week. Bootcamp Tue/Thurs at #SwampFox (Crayton) and #Brickpile (Dreher) 5:45-6:30. CONVERGENCE workout (meaning everyone together) THIS SATURDAY at the Statehouse. Park at Senate/Sumter intersection. 7am-8am with breakfast following at Beltline Lizard’s Thicket. #April
– TWO new workouts starting in the next two weeks. New M/W bootcamp at #Brickpile starting on MONDAY 7/29 (Amble will continue as normal MWF as well) and new bootcamp in Irmo at Seven Oaks Park starting on Saturday 8/3. If you can, please make plans to be at the Irmo launch on 8/3 to show our support for those guys and EH (emotional headlock, i.e. invite, persuade, entice, shame) all the Irmo/Chapin/Lexington guys you know into giving F3 a go at the new workout.
-NEXT MONDAY: AMBLE WILL MEET AT OWEN’S FIELD TRACK. Wednesday and Friday this week (and next) will remain at #KBC.
-IT IS AN EXCITING TIME TO BE A PART OF F3. SPREAD THE WORD. BRING OTHERS TO THIS GROUP SO THEY TOO CAN BENEFIT FROM THE FITNESS, FELLOWSHIP AND FAITH.