Good times today at Surge with a nice turnout for an AMRAP. YHC enjoys getting to hang out with these guys as he doesn’t see them often, at least the ones who don’t live in the neighborhood or go to Bounty. It was cold today, so the goal was to keep moving, which was accomplished. Keep up the good work over here, men!
Here’s how it went today:
Conditions: Low 30’s, clear and cold
TTT x 10
LBAC x 10 each way
SSH x 10
Mosey to front of school
20 to 10’s AMRAP:
- Start with 20 Merkins, 20 squats, 20 big boy sit-ups, 20 Carolina Dry docks, 20 Burpees
- Mosey around to the straightaway in front of school, back to starting point, do 19 of each of the same exercises
- Rinse and repeat for AMRAP
- Goal was to reach 10 reps, we got to 15
- Keychain could have gotten to 10 but he seemed to lay back a little as not to show off.
Other things were planned, but per usual, YHC got overzealous on the plan.
- Dam to Dam 2/20
- P200 March 19-20
- Surge is looking for more participants for Ville to Ville Run (Asheville to Greenville)
- Keychain is collecting goods for The Mission in Lexington, please bring them to BC and get with Keychain on details of needs.
- If you have any shoes to donate, Keychain is still collecting for Soles for Souls
- No Show
- Black Betty’s cousin’s mental health
- Local family on loss of their 14 month old to cancer
- Sick and injured PAX
- Our nation and its leaders
- Virus victims
No Bible verse or great quote or anything, but YHC just asked for the men to find something good for every bad thing they hear or see today. This is a hard thing to do nowadays in our society. With the 24 hour news cycle, which tends to lean one way politically, you hear a lot of negatives in a world that can have a lot of positives if you just look for them. YHC is just as guilty of missing the good things as anyone, so it is something we all have to strive for every day.