A touchdown and converted extra point worth of PAX posted this morning to see what was in store. Fully rested from the weekend due to oversleeping YHC’s normal #BATTLE Saturday workout, it was time to get it on. Younger crowd this morning because a few regulars weren’t available. Here is the THANG!
Conditions: 73 and Humid! August in Cola. What do you expect?
Mosey to the student parking lot for a little warm up. All IC and all were 7 count.
Side Straddle Hop
Through the Tunnel
Line up on a parking space line at the light in the middle of the lot.
7 (each leg) Lunge walk toward tennis courts
7 broad jumps to the island.
Mosey back to the light. Line up again and now do 14 (each leg) lunge walk toward the island. Mosey back to the line.
All of the next circuit was OYO. 7, 14, and then 21, see what we’re doing here?
Merkins, Carolina Dry Docks, LBC’s, and Squats
Mosey to the #BRICKPILE to pick up a set up bricks. Mosey to the wall on the back of the school.
Wall Squats while holding the bricks out front. Each of the 7 PAX was to give a 10 count and then recover. 7 Merkin Rows counting one arm on the rows.
Rinse and Repeat but with 14 Merkin Rows (Moon River loved this one). Since there was complaining and since there were 4 Blue Hose Alums in attendance, the final Rinse and Repeat was reduced to 17 since it’s known that PC struggles to score many TD’s.
Mosey to the goal post. Deposit bricks and take a lap around the parking lot.
- Return to the bricks for the next set of exercises. 7 Military Presses, run the length of the practice football field with the bricks, 14 at the other end, and run back to the goal post for 21 military presses. Plank until all are done.
- 7 Freedom Twists, run the length of the practice football field with the bricks, 14 at the other end, and run back to the goal post for 21 Freedom Twists Plank until all are done.
- 7 Merkins, run the length of the practice football field with the bricks, 14 at the other end, and run back to the goal post for 21 merkins. Plank until all are done. Return the bricks.
Mosey over the side field where 3′ pipes awaited the PAX. Each pipe was capped and filled with sand.
- Group 1 held the pipes overhead and performed 7 lunge walks and 7 broad jumps then ran down to the first cone and back. YHC meant the 2nd cone but these wimps turned around at the 1st. Note to self, “give better instructions next time”. Group 2 was planking until they returned. Group 2 did all above except we went all the way to the second cone.
- Group 1 Repeated the circuit still going to the 1st cone. Group 2 did LBC’s and then Flutter Kicks in cadence. Then Group 2 again went all the way to the 2nd cone.
- Final time down and back while Group 2 did 20 “V-ups”. Flap Jack.
Mosey to Hollywood Squares: All exercises done OYO and 7 count
- Labor Day Convergence 0700 – 0800 at #THUNDER (Hand Middle School). Ruck, Kettle Bells, and Boot Camp option available. If you want to run, register for the Strictly Running 5 miler. It will run right by #THUNDER. We’ll be there to cheer on our brothers.
- Be on the lookout 6th Year of F3 Colu