Chatter for the Q started on Tuesday as YHC tried his best to get everyone possible out to Hammer today. Little did YHC know that the AOQ and Nantan were going to be in Atlanta today and no matter his efforts, there would really be no chance of breaking 20 pax. That aside, any opportunity to lead the Hammer pax is a blessing and 17 men got out of bed for the workout, while only 16 stayed.
Conditions: 58 and clear, near perfect
Hammer pax have been notoriously late the last few weeks so a quick warm up at COT:
25 SSH IC
15 Imperial Squat Walkers IC
15 Merkins IC
25 Flutter kicks IC
No late arrivers so, break up into groups of 3, 1 with a jump rope, 1 with bricks. Run to the Bus loop for…
Set 1: P1 Curl/Fly w/bricks, P2 jump rope, P3 shuttle run on bus loop. Rotate x3
Set 2: P1 Merkin Rows, P2 jump rope, P3 25 curb stomps. Rotate x3
Set 3: P1 30 Russian twists, P2 jump rope, P3 air chair on the wall. Rotate x3
Set 4: P1 25 straight leg sit ups, P2 jump rope, P3 air chair on the wall. Rotate x3
Set 5: P1 Lateral squat & press, P2 jump rope, P3 25 curb stomps. Rotate x3
Set 6: P1 Tricep extensions and curls, P2 jump rope, P3 shuttle run on bus loop. Rotate x3
Plank-o-rama for the 6
Run back to the shovel flag, return bricks.
- Quick recap of the Haiti Under God trip from Splinter
- Prayers for the Mattox family and the loss of Berry’s grandfather
- Praise for Zima’s father getting a clean bill of health
- Continued prayers for YHC’s family
- Isaiah 43: 2-3: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, your savior.
Jumping rope is hard, and is something we don’t do enough of. Jumping rope for approx 12 min each wears your arms out more than one expects it to. Today’s workout was hopefully high intensity enough for everyone and got the heart rate moving significantly. Great work by all.