Day eight of the 2018 Gauntlet featured 35 PAX. While some were scared away by the “long” drive or unable to make it for time reasons, the home AO brought the numbers and kept our total respectable. Many PAX (including YHC) had never take on the Smoker before. After experiencing it, I’m not sure how many will be back. I know I will. Former Smokehouse AOQ and creator of this monstrosity, Nub, got us started by explaining the details of “The Smoker.” Once we had our minds wrapped around the course and did a couple “warm up” exercises, Urkle got the tunes started, and we were off.
STATION #1: Complete 5 BURPEES and run down stadium steps, over to cones and back up stadium steps
STATION #2: Complete 5 BURPEES and run down stadium steps
STATION #3: 20 MERKINS
STATION #4: 20 FLUTTER KICKS (2-ct.)
STATION #5: 20 LBCs
STATION #6: 20 AMERICAN HAMMERS
STATION #7: 20 SQUATS and run up stadium steps
Rinse and Repeat for 40 minutes, increasing reps by 1 each lap.
This was my first time completing The Smoker. Good times and DEFINITELY worth the trip. As I said earlier, I’ll be back!
* Thursday is at C.A.T. – home of the CAT5 – for Day Four of Week Two. Starts at 0500. Be there about five minutes early.
* “Twitter Silence” from 6:30-8:00 is strongly encouraged – spend that time with family.
* May 5th – 2nd Annual F3 3rd F 5K.
* May 19th – Mud Run
* April 28th – Brew Ruck
* May 4th – F3 dad’s night at Columbia Fireflies
* Cinco de Mayo’s mom – healing following surgery
* Doodle’s daughter Sarah Kate – in the hospital
* Prince – 19 year old heading to Iraq
* Friend of Cheers – last days in his battle with cancer – pray for comfort
* Mentor of Cheers – passed away yesterday – prayer for his family
* Whisper’s aunt – last days in her battle with cancer – pray for comfort
* Dear Diary – cancer treatment
* Moist’s sister and family – baby girl still fighting – next big hurdle is breathing on her own
* Taurasi’s wife – knee injury
* Whiffle Ball – continued recovery from recent procedure
* John – lost leg to cancer