5 pax were tested both mentally and physically today. Tonight is the official start of the NCAA Tournament but the real madness begins on Thursday. So YHC thought it may be fun to help the pax brush up on their March Madness facts. Shout out to basketball historian Tuber. A regular Bill Raftery. Who knew?
Conditions: 32, damp and clear
Mosey to the amphitheater for warm up COP
- SSH x 20 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- TTT x 15 IC
- Windmill x 15 IC
Instructions were given that there would be a trivia question presented. The answer represented the number of reps that we would do for the called activity. After each activity run to the bottom of the hill, make a loop around the circle and run back to the amphitheater.
- What is the age of the oldest coach to win a national championship?
- 68 (Jim Calhoun) – LBC’s
- Most points in one tournament by a single player?
- 184 (Glen Rice) – Mtn Climbers
- Number of people who have won a nat’l championship as a player and coach?
- 3 (Joe Hall, Bob Knight, Dean Smith) – 3 burpees on each level of the amphitheater
- Most national championships by one coach?
- 10 (John Wooden) – 10 declines on each level of the amphitheater
- Lowest seed to win it all?
- 8 (Villanova in ’85) – 8 trips to the top of the amphitheater and back
- Most points in a single game by one player?
- 61 (Austin Carr of Notre Dame) – Iron Cross
That was all the time we had so we headed back to the track for a few minutes of Mary. YHC underestimated (i.e. forgot how many) the number of levels on the amphitheater had. Which made several of those exercises rather difficult. Solid work by the pax today.
Start prepping for The Masters trivia Q in a few weeks. The best week of the year is getting closer.