41 men posted this morning for a special edition of #SwmapFox at the Richland Mall parking garage for a Mulch-led romp up and down the #ConcreteLady.
Conditions: After weeks upon weeks of 77 degrees with 94% humidity the pax were pleasantly greeted by 66 degree weather and a steady drizzle. Actually felt cool up on top of the parking garage. Inside the decks was a different story as yesterday’s heat and humidity sat in the #ConcreteLady’s bowels with no breeze to air her out. #nastyimagery
1. Mosey to bottom of ramp deep inside the #ConcreteLady
– SSH – 25 (4ct)
– Squats – 20 (4ct)
– Butt kicks – 20 (4ct)
– Merkins – 15 (4ct)
2. 75% speed up to level 2
– 20 merkins
– Bear crawl up ramp to 3rd level
– 20 sit ups
– Backwards run up next ramp to top level
3. Plank & leap (2 groups) down the ramp to level 3 (alternating plank positions: Full, low, left, rigt)
– 20 wide arm merkins at bottom OYO
– Run down next ramp
– 20 sit ups OYO
– Run down next ramp
– 20 diamond merkins
4. Jacobs ladder (As fast as you can)
– Run 1st ramp – 20 merkins
– Run 2nd ramp – 20 sit ups
– Run 3rd ramp – 10 diamond merkins & 10 wide-arm merkins
– Down ramp – 20 sit ups
– Down ramp – 20 merkins
– Down to bottom plank until complete
– (Talk to a mall cop about permission to be here…pax at 6 inches during deep discussion)
5. Group Relay
– Group 1 – run up stairs and run down ramps
– Group 2 – run up ramps and run down stairs
COP at bottom of ramp
10 3 count decending merkins
20 situps OYO
Ball of Man led by Mulch
– Nice first effort at the #ConcreteLady by Mulch in a tough situation in our first workout at this venue. T-Claps. As the pax conversed it was easy to see ideas for future pain being born in many minds. SwampFox will be back for more.
– Happy to report no injuries in the #ConcreteLady this morning. Her puddles and dark corners make for tricky footing and everyone did good job of staying upright.
– T-Claps to Mission and Chaser for doing the workout with weight vests on. #what?
– DEADLINE of THIS Saturday 8/17 to order a shirt for the AmFibious 5k. Great shirt. See the design that will be on the chest of the shirt here: http://f3nation.com/2013/08/06/pre-blast-the-amphibious-5k/ Race details there as well…it’s not so much a race as a “fun run” and float down the river. Bring wives, kids, Grandma’s for Kim Jung…
– Also 8/17 we have #Strut’s (Irmo) 3rd workout at 7am at Seven Oak’s Park (200 Leisure Ln, Columbia, SC 29210). Come on out and support these new guys and their workout. I’ve got the Q and we’ll be switching up the workout on the Irmo pax. Should be fun. I’m leaving Columbia at 6:15 if you want to ride or caravan.
– 8/17 convergence at Dreher as well for those in Columbia. SubPrime and Stilts have the tag team Q.
– NEXT WEDNESDAY Kim Jung is starting F3Columbia #HumpDay happy hour at Henry’s on Devine Street. 5:30 after work come get a brew with Kim Jung or he’ll drink yours too.
– Governors Cup November 9th — YOU CAN DO THIS. Lots of time to train. Amble guys are expected to be amongst the pax.
– Ryan Rawl Freedom Run on Saturday, September 7th. Ryan was a Richland County Sheriff’s Deputy and The Citadel graduate who was killed in Afghanistan in 2012. The proceeds from the race benefit Citadel scholarships as well as sending at-risk youths from Crayton Middle School to the Sheriff’s Department Kid’s Camps. Ryan was the RCSD Resource Officer at Crayton and had ties to several of our F3 pax. Considering our involvement with Crayton (it’s the home of our “SwampFox” workout, and there are currently about three dozen F3 2.0′s attending school there), we need to support this race fully. Early registration to get the $30 rate ends Monday, August 19th. After that, the entry fee goes up to $35 through September 6th and $40 the day of the race. You can find all the details — including online registration — at this link: http://rawlfreedomrun.com/ The race starts at 8:30 at Crayton. This is an excellent “Double Down” opportunity for those who wish to workout at Brickpile and then run the race at Crayton. (I, Chaser, can not do the race because I’m doing the Blue Ridge Relay that Friday and Saturday and I’m ticked I’ll miss it. I hope there will be a big F3 showing. Ryan was one of my Knobs when I was a junior at The Citadel which makes him feel like a little brother to me. I attended his funeral along with about 30 other fellow F-Troop members.)
– IMPORTANT: We are in early discussions to add a few new workouts (yes, already, we be growin’).
SHANDON WORKOUT: Continued consistent big numbers at Brickpile even after the SwampFox split means we need to split again. We’re looking at Hand Middle School which has a huge field, track, pain station opportunities as well as an adjacent park that has stairs, hills, and places to do pull-ups. We also think that Shandon holds a ton of guys who would really benefit from F3. This would be a Tuesday/Thursday bootcamp workout most likley. We need a guy there though…someone to take control of that area in the way that Sway handles Brickpile, I handle SwampFox and FountainHead handles Amble. Are you that guy? If you think you are contact me ([email protected]) or Sway ([email protected]).
DOWNTOWN WORKOUT: Robber is looking to start a downtown workout most likley at Finlay Park. We already have several pax from the Earlwood area and there are more soon to be FNGs in there. This is still in its infancy but would likely be a Tuesday/Thursday bootcamp workout as well. See Robber for more info. ([email protected])
ADDITIONAL SATURDAY LOCATION: We are looking at another Saturday workout and thinking about AC Flora. 60+ makes workouts cumbersome at Dreher. SubPrime is likely the Area Q there. This would be Saturday only and we would likely still all converge together one Saturday a month at Dreher or another large space. Of course, Lizard’s Thicket after every Saturday workout will allow for 2ndF time between Dreher and Flora pax. Talk to SubPrime ([email protected]) if you’re interested in that location.