13 men arrived in the surprisingly cool pre-dawn gloom for an “easy 4” miles drawn up by Seeker for his first Q. While no route in Columbia is going to be without a few steep hills the route was about as straightforward as can be made in our area. T-Claps to Seeker for a route that everyone (except Kim Jung of course) could follow.
Conditions: 60 degrees and 78% humidity. #chilly
Quick COT and prayer led by Seeker where he shared this fitting scripture: “Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So… do not run aimlessly” I Corinthians 9:24-26
THE THANG: 4 miles out and back from KBC parking lot down Carter Hill, right on Woodlake up to Trenholm, left on Trenholm, quick right on Erskine and follow it over Clemson to Greame, left, right on Roslyn and right on Converse, left on Clemson and all the way up to Forest Drive for the turn around. Follow same route back to KBC.
BOM led by Seeker
– Great Q by Seeker and many thanks for the emphasis on the #3rdF which often gets lost. In F3 the 3rdF, Faith, is necessarily in the background as we’re posting for a workout, not a Bible study (we have that now as well). But thanks to Seeker for reminding us that the 3rdF should be the 1stF at all other moments of our day.
– Last night was the first 3rdF Bible Study Q’ed and hosted by TB at his home on Portobello. It was a great experience for the 9 of those in attendance. We have enough materials for a few more members (have 10 committed so far). We will meet EVERY OTHER Tuesday night from 8-9pm. Come beef up your third, and most important, F.
– JOB POSTING: F3 Columbia needs a webmaster of sorts. This is not a “job” of course though it may feel like one. Charlottle has a tech guy who is point man for things like updating our information page on the F3Nation website and assigning people login names and passwords for posting comments and back blasts on the website. We need someone with a bit of knowledge (though it’s not rocket surgery says Robber) and just a bit of time to step up. Please let me ([email protected]) or Sway (flyn[email protected]) know.
– Mud Run is coming up on 10/12. Sway is running the wait list and more than likely there will be some guys who have to drop in the next few weeks so please let him know if you are interested. [email protected]
-Governor’s Cup is 11/9. Commit now and workout at Amble to get ready. Pre-Blast by Fountainhead is now up and a training plan is now in effect. Please check out the pre-blast at http://f3nation.com/2013/09/10/pre-blast-governors-cup-13-1/. Our second weekend (long) run is this weekend (8 miles) with Saturday and Sunday (maybe) runs starting at Dreher at 6:45 AM. So far, commits are:
– 2ndF Opportunities TODAY:
– Lizard’s Thicket lunch (Beltline) Wednesdays at noon. Come eat good food with good guys.
– Hump Day Happy Hour meets again on Wednesday, 5:30pm, Henry’s on Devine Street. Come relax, get a brew or two and listen to Kim Jung wax poetic about, well, everything.