YHC has been a Q quite a few times at this point. This ain’t my first rodeo. That being said it had been a while since I laced ’em up and planned out a bootcamp workout. The rust showed spectacularly. YHC planned a weight workout split up into shoulders, back, biceps, and chest (all with some legs and abs thrown in). YHC got through 2 (shoulders and back), and went 4 minutes over the time. This might be understandable for someone unfamiliar with the blitz style workout. The problem is: it’s YHC’s workout! It was YHC’s idea from the get go, YHC has been to almost every one, and YHC still screwed it up. Rookie mistakes.
Conditions: 61 and clear.
Warm up with 20 SSH’s, and 10 merkins in cadence.
Shoulders (all done AMRAP OYO):
- Squat with overhead press with block
- Deadlift with upright row with block
- Carolina dry dock with feet on block.
Each set was done 3 times for ~1 minute each. For a burn out with did quick feet while holding the arms out for ~30 seconds.
Back (all done AMRAP OYO):
- Lunge at bottom grab block and do one armed row (same arm the whole time)
- squat hold with row of block
- Lunge at bottom grab block and do one armed row (opposite arm)
Each set was done 3 times for ~1 minute each. For a burn out with did 10 rabbit burpees.
BOM and COT my YHC
- YHC lacked the intensity today (probably from the marathon which is no excuse) and will make it up next time.
- Carolina dry dock? Where does that name come from?
- Ramble 5K friday 12/17.
- All AO’s closed on Xmas.
- 5 year anniversary workout at the #mothership. There will be some #ClownCars going if anyone is interested in going up to Charlotte