F3 Lake Murray Camping – Wash Creek Horse Camp
November 14 @ 8:00 am - November 15 @ 12:00 pm
You asked for it, you get it. The pax of F3 Lake Murray will be converging on Saturday, November 14th, through Sunday, November 15th, on the mountains of North Carolina for some 2nd F. There will be opportunities for 1st and 3rd F, but make no mistake this is a 2nd F event. This was discussed in August 2019 with numerous pax in the Region and collectively we decided we needed to make this type of event part of our fabric.
Here are the essential details:
When – We have reserved the camp from Friday, November 13th at 2pm through Sunday, November 15th, at 12pm. We will plan to meet and depart around 8am Saturday morning and head up together to arrive by 10am for hiking, brewery hoping, biking, etc., If some pax wishes to join later, that is fine too. You will be home by 2pm at the lastest on Sunday. Also, while the official event will start Saturday morning, pax who want to go up Friday are welcome to do so. Please let me know in advance if you’re interested.
Where – Wash Creek Horse Camp, Mills River, NC. 2 hours from Irmo. The camp is VERY remote and can accommodate 30 pax and 10 vehicles (more 2nd traveling). There is absolutely no cell phone service of any kind, though we are not terribly far from service outside of camp. Activities at camp will include hiking, firepits, mountain biking, fishing, etc. You can also create your own fun, and that is encouraged.
Cost – The cost is $25 per pax. This will cover the cost of the reservation and some of the food, etc. (see below). Details in this regard will be forthcoming as we get closer.
What you need to do NOW – If you want to HC, you must do my sending $25 to my Paypal account at [email protected] or Venmo @nickhaigler. The first 30 to pay are confirmed. We will take alternates, however.
- There will be no horses.
- We would like to organize a group hike on Saturday morning on the way up, perhaps in Brevard or Pisgah Forest. We can decide that as we get closer.
- Other options include breweries, restaurants, COVID permitting.
- Each pax will be responsible for bringing their own sleeping tent, sleeping bag, and water. It will most certainly be cold so much sure your gear is appropriate or ask other pax to borrow theirs. I would suggest sharing tents where appropriate/possible.
- Bring your own beverages of choice.
- We am working on a plan for burgers Saturday afternoon/evening and breakfast Sunday morning. It is my anticipation that this will be covered by the $25 you are paying to attend.
- We would like someone to volunteer to lead a 3rd F thang Sunday mid-morning, over coffee. If this is in your wheelhouse, please let me know.
- We need 4/5 pax to volunteer to assist with coordinating the event. If you are interested, please send me a message at 803-317-9930 or [email protected]
- ALL pax are welcome to join for this event. There are no prerequisites and no expectations regarding what you do with your time at camp. Plain and simple, this is a 2nd F event.
I appreciate all of the help, particularly from Sparky and Fools Gold in getting this together. I think we’ll have a great time and create some amazing war stories.
Get those HCs in now.